Thursday, August 20, 2009

The Honeymoon!!!

We spent four wonderful days at Moon Lake Resort in the high Uinta Mountains of Utah. We left the camera crew at home so unfortunately we only have one picture of the both of us together (courtesy of the guy who helped us launch the rented boat).

The Fantastic Honeymoon Resort!!!



The Honeymoon Suite

(Honey)Moon Lake

One of the highlights of our trip was going out on the lake.

Brad had so much fun driving the boat.

After a few hours of tooting around the lake looking for fish to catch, the sky began to darken.

It began raining so we headed back toward shore. Soon it was hailing and no matter how fast we rowed and paddled, we could not seem to get ahead of the storm. The sun was shining again by the time we docked but we were so wet and cold that we decided to call it a day.

Brad Warming by the a fire that I built. (I'm such a pyro!)

Brad was convinced that every camping trip needs a foil dinner. I was so not impressed with my version of one. I'm pretty sure I would have been on the brink of starvation if it hadn't of been for the delicious s'mores we had later.

It wasn't a total waste though......Meet Wilbur. He ate pretty much anything we dropped.

This is me by some logs.....not sure what they were doing there but decided to get a picture next to them anyway.

Brad building me a teepee for the Indian Chicken Dance.

True Story...About a week before the wedding we went to the county offices to get our marriage license. My wonderful hubby, fiancee at the time, loves to be random and loves to embarrass me. As we sat there waiting for the lady to process our paperwork, Brad took full advantage of the little silent moment. He said to her, "And on the honeymoon, I'm going to dress her up like a chicken. Then I'm going to put on my Indian costume and chase her around." I was mortified. This woman processes marriage licenses every day for a living. Hopefully, she's heard worse.

Out for a little hike in the woods.

Going for a spin in the boat.
(unfortunately my antique camera has no audio.)

2 comments:

  1. Ohhhhh Glenna your going to have your hands full with him.... :) My husband is the same way when it comes to embarrassing me. Looks like you guys had a GREAT honeymoon. Did you bring Wilbur home???? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. No. As nice as it is to have someone cleaning up the floor after us, we decided to leave Wilbur there. Besides, we have dogs at the house that clean up after us.

    ReplyDelete