Sunday, January 1, 2012

WHAT'S UP WITH THE WENDTS?

I'm not sure where to begin since it has been so long. I had been so busy with work and school that we didn't have very many adventures. I considered our lives too ordinary to be anything but boring to our blog followers. However, I will update on our status.

Last fall I made the Dean's list which I was pretty proud of. In June, Brad and I moved into our own apartment in North Orem. We love having our own place. We have a new appreciation of each other and our hidden talents. For example, although I knew Brad was good at working on cars, I had no idea that he could be so handy with the appliances like when our dryer broke. He took it apart, replaced the defective part and put it back together, saving us tons of money. 

For my birthday in August I had a slumber party. It was in part to help my 15 year old niece who shares my birthday and was having a slumber party of her own. I took the younger kids and we had a great time. I have lots of pics and will post on that adventure later. 

In November, my sister Beth, went into labor and had a beautiful baby boy (on 11-11-11) who lived for about 23 hours. It was devastating for the entire family but I admire the resiliency and strength of my sister and brother-in-law. 

Our first Christmas in our own place was memorable. Funds were low but our spirits were high. We had a tree which fits in the lone box with the rest of our decorations. Hopefully we'll have a bigger one next year. 



That is all the big news from our year. I will be starting the Elementary Education program at Utah Valley University in about a week. I am so excited to finally be a junior and to be done with generals. 


1 comment: