Tuesday, October 13, 2009

The Goal

So Brad and I are going to be working together toward a couple of trips in the next year. We both have been working on getting more exercise. I walk part way to work and catch the bus the rest of the way. Brad also goes walking regularly and manages to get up to the rec center for swimming quite often. So, goal number one is to visit my hometown of Helena in June for the Governor's Cup 5k. This is a pretty big event. The distance isn't like a marathon or anything, in fact the few times I've gone, there have been families with children and often times strollers and the like. It's should be just right for a couple of beginners like Brad and myself. I'm excited for the opportunity to show Brad where I grew up. The next goal is to go to Astoria, Oregon a year from now for the Great Columbia Crossing which is a 10k race. Again, somewhere I used to live and can't wait to show Brad around as well as another good goal to work toward. I don't plan on winning any of the races....I just want to finish them.

I'm tracking my progress on another blog..... http://runglennarun.blogspot.com

1 comment:

  1. I'm really looking forward to seeing you at the next Great Columbia Crossing! I'm so excited that you guys are making these goals. I'm glad I've started too! YEAH!!!

    ReplyDelete